Sunday, November 4, 2007

Humbling


The road of life is mostly a dirt road. It's not smooth, that's for sure. Then there are those ruts caused by washouts to navigate. And just when one feels it is smooth traveling again, then its time to grow some more. Growing hurts. I wonder if it hurts plants to grow. I will be more tender with the garden in the future and more mindful of its needs.

In the midst of my inquiries of God of those things inside me that needed changed, I was made aware of my "numbness." I knew in my head, I can't rely on myself to protect me from life's bumps, only God. But then I keep forgetting - well, actually I guess it just plumped on down to my heart where I could really say, "Sorry, God, I really am tired to trying to be God, here I give it back to you."

Sitting on the front porch Halloween night, the fire ants ate a big chunk out of my toe because I have no feeling in it. I guess things were eating a big chunk out of my heart because I had numbed it. Still, I have to learn how to take the whacks of life without using the "numb mode." I wish I had a printed step by step directions!

6 comments:

dilling said...

You know, I LOVE dirt roads, the road less travelled, rutted and potholed...I am in NO HURRY to get anywhere. In fact, most of the vehicles(besides my shoes) in my life are four wheel drive or all wheel drive...

Piercing The Veil said...

speaks of robert frost the road not taken ... to choose which road is better for each one of us ... some may work the rugged ...dusty ones ... others the clear paths...
but it always pays to take the harder ones...

night

Bridget Jones said...

Beautiful post.

Puffins Rock said...

Hello Gardenia,
This is a beautiful post. I realize it's some time since you wrote it. There are several blogs listed and I couldn't remember how it was.
Hope you're well. I've been too engrossed in this other place, obviously...it's just so much fun.
Link

Belinda Nnoka said...

Hi there Gardenia. I'm LindyB and I've been trying to figure out how to contact you! I love this post of yours. I'm going to read more of them in depth. Your site really is excellent! Keep it up!

NAVAL LANGA said...

I have read some of your posts. I would like to revisit your blog and would like to read more from you.

If you like short stories and paintings, then a short visit to my blogs would be an interesting one for you.

Naval Langa

http://indianshortstories.wordpress.com/

http://paintingsgalleries.blogspot.com/