Sunday, October 7, 2007

The Red Sea

Well, I've been to the mountaintop, but now..........fighting a plunge into depression. Our sermon today was about dumping the negative thinking. This has been in my mind for days - I quit watching news as of today - trying to rise above the very negative comments from the world out there and also that come out of the mouths of my family members. I feel like I am in an incredible battle since coming home from church. Sheesh! I guess Pastor said there would be one - but he also said, "Don't do it!" Oh, I'm trying - help, help, help, Lord!

It's not helping that the anniversary of my son's death, and his birthday a week earlier are rapidly coming up. Because of the Song of Solomon, I know, I just know, he is so much happier now, but it still hurts. When I thought I might die a few months back, it hit me right square in the face - there are a lot of people I know up in heaven! It won't be like moving to a strange town. Will we still have these battles up there? In heaven? I think we might - I think about the verse where the onlookers from heaven are looking down and the earth and asking God how long He is going to allow what is going on - they are concerned.

Enough thinking, back to the battle front.

No comments: